Immunizations and Physicals

We solicit your assistance to consistently implement our Immunization and Physical Policies across the district. Our immunization compliance rate remains above 99%.


**Prior to a new (first time in a Kansas School) student starting school……they must show proof of one of each required immunization for series that were required of that grade level the year prior. For the 2015-2016 school year the required series for grade levels would be as follows:

TDaP/Polio/MMR/Hep B and Varicella – for all grade levels

Legal guardians are informed of these requirements when given the “New to Olathe” health form packet.

Students may enroll and every effort will be made to acquire immunization records prior to the first day of school (e.g. school staff calling other school districts, doctor offices, health departments, etc.)

NOTE: Any student who has previously attended an Olathe school does not need to present an immunization record as it has been retained in our record database. Returning students do need to present proof of any boosters the students has received since last attending an Olathe school.


Immunization Exclusion Dates:

The school nurse audits the immunization record of each new student, informs parents as soon as possible additional boosters needed (beyond showing proof of one each). Students must comply by the following dates or be excluded from school.

  • The second Monday in October for students enrolled thru August 31.
  • The second Monday in January for students enrolled September 1 thru November 30.
  • The second Monday in April for students enrolled December 1 thru March 31.

The Johnson County Health Department does offer an evening immunization clinic every Tuesday until 6:30 pm. JCHD accepts Blue Cross/Blue Shield, Coventry, and United Health Care, as well as Medicaid/KanCare for immunizations. Underinsured need to show proof of free or reduced lunch status to be eligible for the sliding scale consideration.



High School Students participating in sports (including drill team and cheerleading) must present the completed KSHSAA physical form with the physical obtained May 1,2015 or after for this school year. The KSHSAA physical may be done by a MD, DO, Chiropractor, RPA, or APRN and can be found at



More Posts in Health Corner


Share this Post