What is an e-Communication endorsement?
The endorsement is an extra notation on the transcript of a graduating senior, similar to an honors designation. But there is much more to it than that….
Why should I get one?
- Endorsed e-Communication students receive public recognition at the spring awards ceremonies.
- Endorsed seniors may receive AP credit with increased GPA weighting.
- The endorsement is a good indicator for colleges and employers that they are looking at a super-dedicated e-Communication student.
- Students who complete endorsement projects will also end up with some impressive “real world” projects to include in their portfolios.
- Endorsement projects give the student valuable experience working with clients on projects that will be used outside of the school setting.
- We are always working to tie more benefits to the endorsement. For example, when we find internship opportunities, we recommend our endorsing students for those first.
Official Requirements for e-Communication Endorsement
- Continuous program enrollment through to graduation
- Completion of all graduation requirements with at least 2.5 GPA
- Completion of e-Comm strand requirements with at least 3.0 GPA
- Completion of annual extension/enhancement activities – for a total of at least 100 logged hours of work outside of class, due by April 1st of the senior year. (see below)
- Successful completion of career and future activities – resume, post-secondary planning
- Successful completion of an integrated, culminating activity
- Complete the Senior Portfolio requirements (may vary by strand)
- Complete the Senior Portfolio Presentation
How do I get my hours of extra activities?
- The biggest way is to complete major projects for clients.
- Other ways: volunteer to work at e-Comm events, enter outside-of-class projects in competitions, take a college course or summer tech camp, participate in club activities, assist teachers, job shadow, get an internship, etc. Sometimes projects or activities may also count towards community service hours for other purposes!
- Get your project approved, log your hours, and then submit it after completion.